What is dermal thread lift?
A thread lift is a minimally invasive technique that addresses sagging and mature skin by stimulating collagen production, resulting in a refreshed appearance for the face or neck. Dermatologists place medical-grade threads beneath the skin, repositioning it, and triggering the body’s natural healing process to encourage collagen formation. Different types and lengths of threads are available.
In contrast to a traditional facelift, a thread lift offers a gentler alternative that delivers subtle enhancements. Because of its quick procedure and minimal recovery time, it’s often referred to as a “lunchtime facelift.”
Benefits of Dermal Threads
Threads utilized in thread lift procedures are crafted from various materials, including absorbable substances such as polylactic acid (PLA), polydioxanone (PDO), and glycolide/lactide (PLGA). These materials are biocompatible and naturally dissolve within the body over time.
Among these materials, PDO threads have been in use the longest. They consist of a colorless polyester that gradually breaks down within the body, typically over a period of about 6 months. These threads, once inserted into your skin, prompt specialized cells called fibroblasts to boost collagen production. Collagen is the protein responsible for providing structure and elasticity to your skin, making it a crucial component in combating the effects of aging skin.
PDO threads are categorized into three types:
- PDO Mono Threads: These are smooth sutures designed to rejuvenate your skin by stimulating collagen production.
- PDO Cog Threads: These threads have barbs that anchor into your skin like tiny fishhooks, offering support and lifting specific areas of your face.
- PDO Screw Threads: Comprising one or two intertwined threads, these are employed to restore volume to sunken areas of your skin.
At La Derma, we exclusively utilize threads approved by the US FDA. They are entirely safe and proven to be effective.
What types of thread lifts are available?
Various types of thread lifts are available, including:
Threading Face Lift Treatment or Thread Lift of Face or Thread Face Lifting Treatment – It is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure designed to lift and tighten sagging skin on the face . Instead of traditional surgical methods that involve cutting and removing e xcess skin, a thread facelift uses threads, typically made of a dissolvable material such as polydioxanone (PDO), to lift and reposition the skin.
During the procedure, these threads are strategically inserted under the skin through small incisions. The threads have tiny barbs or cones that grasp onto the skin tissue, allowing the surgeon to gently pull and lift the skin to achieve a more youthful and lifted appearance. The threads also stimulate the production of collagen, which contributes to improved skin elasticity over time.
Main advantages of a thread facelift are that it is less invasive compared to traditional facelift surgery, cheaper and the recovery time is shorter.
- Cat or Fox Eye Thread Lift: This procedure lifts the eyebrows toward the temples, creating a catlike appearance for your eyes.
- Eyebrow Thread Lift: Dermatologists use this technique to lift sagging or furrowed eyebrows and tighten the skin around the eye area.
- Nose Thread Lift: Dermatologists employ threads to lift, straighten, or slim the nose. In some cases, they may combine a nose thread lift with dermal fillers.
- Neck Thread Lift: This procedure targets loose neck skin or smooths out necklines for a more youthful appearance.
- Jawline Thread or Chin Thread: It’s used to achieve a defined jawline and reduce the appearance of a double chin.
- Breast Lift / Boob Lift / Sagging Breast Treatment: Dermatologists use threads to lift sagging breasts without the need for surgery. It is cheaper and safer than surgical breast lift and leaves no scars unlike surgical breast lift.
- Butt Lift: This technique is utilized to correct sagging in the hip area and achieve the desired shape.
Procedure for dermal threads treatment?
Know about the treatment procedure with all the major steps involved in Dermal Threads treatment.
The initial step in any treatment at La Derma is consulting with a dermatologist. During this consultation, you’ll meet with the dermatologist to discuss your concerns and provide your pigmentation history. The dermatologist will then develop the most suitable treatment plan, which may include dermal threads for skin tightening.
Preparing for the treatment includes cleansing the face or the designated area, followed by the application of numbing cream to minimize any discomfort during the procedure.
Treatment with Dermal threads
The treatment begins with your dermatologist marking the lines and entry points for the threads, which are then inserted.
How Long does Thread Lift last?
The results of a thread lift typically endure for one to three years, with an average of about two years for most individuals. As time passes, the threads gradually dissolve, and your body naturally absorbs them. However, the impact persists for a longer duration thanks to the collagen stimulation initiated by the threads.
Is a thread lift painful?
During a thread lift procedure, local anesthesia is administered to ensure you don’t experience any pain. After the procedure, you may encounter mild pain, discomfort, or soreness. You can alleviate these symptoms by taking an over-the-counter or prescription pain reliever for several days until the discomfort subsides.
Risk and side effects of Thread Lift
While a thread lift generally involves minimal risk, there are a few rare risks and potential complications, including:
- Thread extrusion
- Persistent pain
- Sensitivity to sunlight
- Bruising and swelling
What is the PDO Thread Lift Cost or Thread Face Lift Cost in India?
The cost for Thread Lift treatment is dependent upon the number of threads needed and the type of thread used in the treatment. The indicative cost for Mono thread is 1000 per thread and cog thread is 6000 per thread at La Derma, Kolkata.