Winter is a harsh and dry season that soaks the moisture from your skin. It is important to take some extra care of your skin during winter. Winter comes with plenty of skin issues such as acne, dry skin, chapped and scaly skin, cracked lips, dermatitis, rashes, itchy skin, redness, etc. Skin damage and irritation can be caused by a lack of moisture in the air.Here are 26 basic skincare tips that one should follow to keep their skin healthy in winter.
1. Deep cleanse your skin at night to clean dirt and impurities from your skin pores.
2. Always apply a hydrating moisturizer after cleansing.
3. Choose your moisturizer wisely while keeping in mind your skin type.
4. Replace your soap with a moisturizing cleansing oil for the skin as soapy formulation can make your skin even drier.
5. Avoid washing your face with cold water. Always wash your face with lukewarm water.
6. Apply the moisturizer on your body after taking a bath, as it will help the moisturizer soak into your skin cells.
7. Though you may like to heat yourself under the sun in winter, make sure you have applied good sunscreen to protect your skin from sun rays.
8. Drink enough water to keep yourself hydrated from the inside out.
9. Winter is a season of juicy fruits and vegetables that are beneficial to your skin. Consume seasonal fruits and vegetables in your diet.
10. Petroleum jelly creates a water-protective barrier that helps to heal your skin. Apply this on your skin, especially on your toes, knees and elbows.
11. Use a good and hydrating lip balm on your lips.
12. Avoid using make-up products that contain alcohol.
13. Make a skin mask with seasonal fruits and vegetables such as oranges as they help to lock moisture in your skin.
14. Include Vitamin A and Vitamin C in your diet that helps to rejuvenate your dry skin cells.
15. Have a humidifier in your bedroom or living room where you spend most of your time.
16. Choose a mild toner for winter. You can also apply toner after mixing it with your moisturizer.
17. Use an eye cream to avoid having dark circles and bulky eyes.
18. Make sure the temperature difference between outdoors and your house doesn’t get too high.
19. Invest your time in the night skincare routine.
20. Moisturize your hands after washing.
21. Don’t put dry woolen clothes directly on the skin.
22. Use some gentle exfoliator to eliminate the dead skin cells.
23. Scrubbers can be harsh during winter days. Restrict the use.
24. Avoid long bath hours during winter.
25. Take special care of toes, elbows and knees.
26. Wash your face with a gentle face wash 2 or 3 times a day.
Get healthy skin this winter with La Derma Skin & Hair Clinic , Skin and Hair Clinic Kolkata. Winter can cause different types of minor and major skin issues. If you are facing skin issues that are hard to solve, contact us today. With expert dermatologists and advanced equipment, we know how to figure out the actual problem and fix it so that you can have beautiful, healthy, and glowing skin this winter.